Thursday 25 February 2016

Emmanuel Chew Creative writing 3

Emmanuel Chew(10) S101 Creative Writing 3
     When I was a child, I well remember kicking down the tower of blocks that my little brother build. He started crying and shouting until my mother came. She looked ready to explode. “ Go to your bed now! ” My mother shouted at me. I got onto my knees and begged her not to send me to bed. My favourite show was starting. But to no avail, I was sent to bed.
      I “accidentally” knocked down the books on my desk and slowly picked them up. The sounds of my brother switching on the television could be heard. The roar of motorcycles shook the room as they passed by. Finally, I climbed into bed and pulled up the blanket. Slowly, I fell into a troubled sleep.
     I woke up in the middle of the night. The air was cold and stale. I got up to increase the fan’s speed. But there was something next to my bed. It was long and there was a blanket over it. What was it? I crept back to bed, heart rate increasing. Shutting my eyes, I said a silent prayer, hoping that it was not a monster.

     I woke up the next morning, the blanket and whatever was underneath it was gone. I heaved a sigh of relief, glad that I was fine. I wondered what it was. Up till today, I am still not sure what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment