Friday 26 February 2016

Creative Writing Task 3

Creative Writing Task 3
By Elise

When I was a child, I well remember the time I did something that got me into trouble...

I was walking around the house, touching my nose or chin, pouting. I was desperate to do something, there was nothing to do except for the idle computer screen in the study room. I gave up thinking of something else to do and woke my computer from its sleep. I played and played until I sensed a gigantic figure before me.

"Elise, get to bed." My father sternly told me in his sergeant-like tone. I switched the screen so it was showing the desktop quickly in a bid to escape punishment, to show that I did not play, but he had seen through my act, and dragged me towards bed. I fell to my knees, tearing begging him, but he removed the power supply, and I had to get to bed... at two in the afternoon.

Entering my stark white room, with my bed in a corner, I looked around, trying to do whatever I could to stall time and get less sleep. I changed into my bed clothes as slow as possible, trudging to bed in the slowest speed I could manage with a heavy heart. I could only hear myself, the surroundings were all quiet. I lay in bed, finally falling into a troubled doze after much tossing and turning about.

Waking up to see myself in a dark room, I see the bright crescent moon hanging overhead in the sky. I hear faint sounds of car horns from the main road, but as I went back to sleep, I felt someone's warm hand. I thought it was just a hallucination, but the hand still held on tightly yet gently. In the darkness, that hand provided warmth to me...

"Ah!" It was as if I had woken up from a nightmare, but it wasn't. Who was that from last night? To this day, I am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment