Monday 20 June 2016

Ing Kai's Week 4 Learning Log

Learning Log

Week: 4


What I did: I wanted to find some good articles that involves Science or Discovery, so I went to popsci.com and I saw this article which actually caught my attention.

What I learnt:

-There is an update on information on swine flu. While the virus appears less deadly than originally thought, swine flu continues to spread.

Summary:


The USS Dubuque had to forgo a humanitarian mission when 403 of its 420 sailors and 900 marines came down with H1N1 swine flu infections. So, despite some media hysteria a few months ago, it looks like the swine flu won't be the death of us all. However, that does not mean the virus has stopped spreading, or that it won't reach pandemic levels and possibly cause significant economic damage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment