Saturday 18 June 2016

Jeffrey's Independent Learning Log 4

Name: Jeffrey
Class: S1-01
Index Number: 12

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Wake

Independent Learning Log 4

Week: 3
Date: 18/6/16

What I did:
While I was watching a video, I came across a topic about Nancy Wake and it mentioned what she did in World War II. I was fascinated by this and decided to do more research about her.

What I learned:
I learned about what Nancy Wake did in World War II and how she did it.
Maquisards -- a member of the Maquis.

Summary:
Nancy Wake served as a Special Operations Executive agent during the later part of World War II. On the night of 29/30 April 1944, she was parachuted into occupied France Auvergne. From April 1944 until the liberation of France, her 7,000+ maquisards fought 22,000 German soldiers, causing 1,400 casualties, while suffering only 100 themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment