Monday 13 June 2016

Abigail Tan's Independent Learning Log 4

Name: Abigail Tan
Index Number: 1
Week: 2
Date: 14/6/16


Source:
http://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/7-simple-ways-to-make-a-good-story-great


What I did:
I researched on how to write a novel, being a bookworm myself.


What I learned:
Add body language besides the five senses.
Weirdness and idiosyncrasies follow patterns we can all relate to
Do not put restraints on your work for the sake of delicacy, go back to your childhood times, before you knew right from wrong.
Don’t underestimate your readers; they can understand and do not need the detailed explanations.
Don’t use cool-yet-irrelevant scenes, use scenes that have purpose.
Make the readers laugh, make a character have low IQ or an attractive guy lacking a girlfriend.
Make the readers cry. I have read a lot of books that made me laugh and cry, and those are the good books.


Words I didn’t know:
Idiosyncrasies: A mode of behaviour or way of thought peculiar to an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment