Tuesday 12 July 2016

Daniel Quay Independent learning log 1

Learning log 1
Name: Daniel
Class: S1-01
Index number:19

Week:3
Date:12 June 2016

Source:http://www.straitstimes.com/world/middle-east/isis-sanctioned-organ-harvesting-in-document-taken-in-us-raid

What I did: I was curious about what was going on in the middle-east as it is very chaotic in the middle east, so I went to search about what was happening there.

What I learnt:
I learnt new words like,
sanctioned-given approval
permissible-allowed
authenticity- the quality of how original the object is
undisclosed-not revealed

Summary: During a raid in eastern Syria, US forces found a document that said ISIS, a terrorist group, allows people in their territory to take organs from an apostate even if they are alive to be transplanted to a Muslim's body to save the Muslim even if the donor would die.Therefore, there are speculations that ISIS does organ harvesting and trafficking to make a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment