Sunday 1 May 2016

Abigail Tan Situational Writing 1 Draft 2

6 Sim Lim Park
Singapore 285342

5 April 2016

My dearest Cousin Justin

I have heard about your plans to visit Singapore! I am so excited! I would love it if you could pay me a visit!

In your interest of learning about the cultural and modern aspects of Singapore, I had a few places in mind that may be of interest to you!

The first cultural aspect is Chinatown, where you can enjoy a trishaw ride around the vicinity and have a view at the beautiful restored shophouses an colonial buildings! There are traditional medicine halls and teahouses too! Pop into them to get a taste of Singapore’s Chinatown.

The other cultural place is Little India. It is one of the most colourful districts in Singapore! They have gaily painted shophouses selling Indian apparel and other wares! To remember your trip to Little India, get souvenirs at any time of the day at the 24-hour shopping centre, Mustafa Centre.

A modern aspect would also be Chinatown. There are new modern buildings and quirky cafés, how interesting!

Another modern attraction I recommend is the Singapore flyer. It holds the reputation of the world’s biggest observation wheel. Take in the panoramic views of Singapore’s iconic land marks and have dinner there too!

At Little India, you and your family can have a meal while looking around. You can try one os their specialities, fish head curry, a unique Singaporean dish.

For your meal, these are the local delicacies every Singaporean drools at. Laksa, that’ is noddles in spicy soup, chili crab, a must try, and Hainanese chicken rice. All scrumptious, you have my word. Almost every hawker centre all around Singapore has these local dishes for you to sink your teeth into.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Aunt Julia, Uncle Thomas and you would pay me and my family a visit! I really miss you, as it has been so long since our last encounter. Hope my recommendations are of use to you!

Your Singaporean cousin,

Abigail Tan

2 comments:

  1. The points are mostly there. good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last paragraph first line : Keeping my fingers crossed... - I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete